This course is closed for enrollments, submit the form to get notified early next time this course runs.
Thank you for your interest, you will be notified next time this course runs.
Oops, something went wrong:
Award-winning VFX professional Allan McKay returns to CGWorkshops with his advanced 8 week, fully mentored online training course in FumeFX.
If you've already had some experience blowing stuff up, this workshop is for you. But if you haven't used FumeFX before, don't worry. In Week one, Allan explains the basics of the program for you before starting out with the creation of some seriously killer fire. Moving through the weeks you will learn about smoke, massive clouds and weather, fluids, ink droplets (yes, you read right, ink is huge right now) compositing in Nuke and rendering.
But it doesn't end there. In Weeks seven and eight Allan puts you though his "Nuclear Blast" program, where you'll take everything you've learned and put it into an actual production shot. Allan describes this as a "realistic large scale nuclear explosion going off in the desert causing maximum destruction!"
As well as great weekly video tutroials, and a friendly forum classroom environment, Allan will run regular weekly live web feedback sessions where you will be personally mentored (recorded for those who can't make it.)
A time-limited, fully-funtional student Fume FX licensee will be available for students who take this workshop.
"Allan you are a great mentor, very available and supportive. You provided exactly what I needed to get going in FumeFX and continue on. I'm feeling now more professional with FumeFX. A lot of technics and tips with maxscript help me in company where I'm working." - Adrien Rollet, student, March 2014.
What you’ll learn:
The basics of Fume FX and the new features of Flume FX 3.5.
How to create realistic fire.
How to create realistic smoke.
How to create realistic ink.
How to create realistic clouds.
How to create realistic explosions.
Advanced rendering, compositing, rendering in V-Ray.
Creating a realistic production shot of everything learned.
- Introduction to Fume FX Crash course
- New features of Fume FX 3.5
- Realistic Fire 101, all the things you need to know to make killer fire!
- Large Scale smoke, creating a pyroclastic cloud miles wide spilling over a town
- Attending to creating realistic detail and controlling your fluids motion and various other important things you need to know!
- Ink Droplets pipeline, something that's in very high demand these days yet a lot of people miss the subtleties of creating realistic ink droplets and choreographing them to do exactly what you want, resulting in some very interesting effects!
- Sculpting Clouds, utilizing an approach now used in many feature films, to create high quality clouds that are detailed yet very easy to simulate and have interact with their surroundings.
Creating epic explosions! Creating those Hollywood explosions that you're not sure if they are real or CG but look amazing! Choreographing the ultimate explosion effects!
Advanced rendering techniques and compositing Fume FX. Compositing in Nuke, Rendering in V-Ray, we go through creating a lot of content and how to output it all for production. To get the maximum benefits from your renders!
- Nuclear Blast
- Taking everything we've learned so far and putting it toward a real production shot we go through this 2-part lesson on creating a realistic large scale nuclear explosion going off in the desert causing maximum destruction!
- Nuclear Blast continuted. Here we go through additional effects elements and rendering everything and bringing it all together!
“ Allan is a great mentor, very available and supportive. He provided exactly what I needed to get going in FumeFX and continue on. I'm feeling now more professional with FumeFX. A lot of technics and tips with maxscript help me in company where I'm working. ”